Humana, Aetna and Regence BCBS Insurance Carriers Now In-Network
Active Points Wellness Is Now In-Network With Humana, Aetna and Regence BCBS Insurance Carriers
As of July, 2020 Active Points Wellness is an 'In-Network' Provider with Humana, Aetna and Regence BCBS. This includes the following affiliates & subsidiaries:
Humana of Washington
Aetna PPO and EPO
Asuris Northwest Health
BridgeSpan Health Company
Healthcare Management Administrators
LifeMap Assurance Company
Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon
Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah
Regence BlueShield of Idaho, Inc.
For those wishing to use health insurance for acupuncture we offer a FREE review of benefits. Simply fill out our website contact form with the following information:
Date of birth (DOB)
Address (Street, City, State, and Zip Code)
Insurance Phone number
Type of Plan (PPO, HMO, POS, EPO, or Med Supp)
Please call the office at 360-788-5866 for our current rates for 'time of service' fees (this applies to services for which no additional billing tasks are required, such as PIP claims). We offer this as a courtesy, and not as a requirement.
Retroactive insurance billing is NOT available to patients who choose to pay the discounted 'time of service' fee schedule. Insurance billing rates vary according to the length of your consultation, the medical complexity of your case, the length of your treatment and additional services provided to you.
We do not bill for Out-Of-Network Carriers. We are willing, upon request, to provide you with the documentation you need to be reimbursed by your insurer (this is called a "superbill").
COVID-19 UPDATE - INFOGRAPHIC, POLICIES & PROCEDURES (7/2020)
COVID-19 RISK INDEX
As Whatcom County transitions into Phase II of the Washington State COVID-19 re-opening plan, Active Points Wellness continues to expand clinical care for patients. We understand this is a challenging time for many as we navigate the risks associated with activities outside of our home.
I wanted to share the above infographic regarding risk levels for exposure by activity. This was developed by Professor Saskia Popescu, an infectious disease epidemiologist at the University of Arizona, Dr. James P. Phillips, MD, the Chief of Disaster Medicine at GWU Emergency Medicine, and Ezekiel Emanual, a Special Advisor to the Director General of the World Health Organization. Download PDF here.
I find the breakdown of four main factors: space, duration, crowd size and forceful exhalation - to be particularly helpful in assessing risks associated with activities. Please take a moment to review this infographic and share it with friends, family and loved ones.
CONTACT: (360) 788-5866 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment.
CLINIC & OFFICE PROCEDURES
The following are MANDATORY Patient and Clinic office procedures. These procedures will be updated based on available guidelines from the CDC and Washington Department of Health.
A Patient should NOT schedule an appointment if they or someone in their household has been exhibiting any of the following symptoms over the past 14 days. These symptoms include:
Chills, or shaking with chills
Coughing or wheezing
Recent loss of taste or smell
Shortness of Breath
Fatigue or malaise
Muscle aches or muscle pain
Patient & Clinic Procedures (MANDATORY)
1. Contact me directly via text, phone or email PRIOR to scheduling any appointment in order to discuss your situation.
2. WAIT OUTSIDE the building in your vehicle or other safe location until appointment time. Please DO NOT use public waiting area on the second floor.
3. TEXT or PHONE 360-788-5866 to let me know you have arrived.
4. I will meet you outside the building ENTRANCE to take your temperature.
5. Wear a FACE MASK upon entering the building and during the entirety of your time in the building, including during your treatment.
6. WASH HANDS upon arriving on the second floor (Executive office suites).
7. WASH HANDS upon departure.
Additional Clinic Procedures
· Please understand there is limited appointment availability.
· Patients will be scheduled on the hour.
· Clinic reserves 15-30 minutes between each appointment to allow for appropriate cleaning/sanitizing time of all surfaces.
· No sheets or linens will be used to allow for appropriate cleaning and disinfecting.
· Provider will be wearing a face mask throughout all treatments.
· ADHERE to respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette (use tissue or sleeve of clothing).
***Clean Needle Technique (CNT) standards are always employed at Active Points Wellness.
The health of our patients, clinicians and community is our highest priority. Active Points Wellness meets strict criteria for resuming non-urgent care procedures.
I honored and humbled to assist in the health and well-being of the Bellingham community.
-- Warren Schick
Disclaimer: this information does not replace medical advice. Consult your Physician when making any decisions regarding your health and well-being.